The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder is the 2022 revival of The Proud Family animated TV show that is currently streaming on Disney+. The first season premiered on February 23, 2022 with a double-episode premiere: "New Kids on the Block" and "Bad Influence(r)". The following episodes rolled out weekly starting in March 2, 2022.
A continuation of the acclaimed series, "The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" follows the adventures and misadventures of newly 14-year-old Penny Proud and her family as they navigate modern life with hilarity and heart. The 2020s decade brings new career highs for mother Trudy, wilder dreams for father Oscar and new challenges for Penny, including a socially woke neighbor who thinks she has a lot to teach her, bullying social media influencers who want to cancel her and her own teenage hormones. Penny's friends return, including Dijonay, LaCienega, Zoey and Michael. Penny's grandmother Suga Mama also returns, ready as ever to dispense tough love or a gentle hand whenever Penny needs it. Among the new faces are Maya and KG, new kids who not only have to deal with the struggles of being the new kid but also having two father, a first for Smithville.
Cast and characters
- Kyla Pratt as Penny Proud
- Karen Malina White as Dijonay Jones
- Aiden Dodson and Bresha Webb as BeBe and CeCe Proud
- Carlos Alazraqui as Puff the Dog
- JoMarie Payton as Suga Mama Proud
- Paula Jai Parker as Trudy Proud
- Tommy Davidson as Oscar Proud
- Soleil Moon Frye as Zoey Howzer
- Holly Winter as adult Zoey ("When You Wish Upon a Roker")
- Alisa Reyes as LaCienega Boulevardez
- Raquel Lee Bolleau as The Gross Sisters
- Zachary Quinto as Barry Leibowitz-Jenkins
- Billy Porter as Randall Leibowitz-Jenkins
- EJ Johnson as Michael Collins
- Keke Palmer as Maya Leibowitz-Jenkins
- Artist "A Boogie" Dubose as Francis "KG" Lebowitz-Jenkins
- Asante Blackk as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Brown
- Cedric the Entertainer as Bobby Proud
- Carlos Alazraqui as Mr. Chips
- Aries Spears as Wizard Kelly
- Spears also voices Sir Paid-a-Lot
- Carlos Mencia as Felix Boulevardez
- Maria Canals-Barrera as Sunset Boulevardez
- Alvaro Gutierrez as Papi Boulevardez
Introduced in Season 1 (2022)
Introduced in Season 2 (TBA)
- Main article: Episode Guide
In 2021, Bruce W. Smith had talks with Disney's streaming service to plan a revival.
The original voice cast (with the exceptions of Tara Strong and Orlando Brown, due to his troubled life) are brought back to reprise their roles and the series includes new characters like Maya Leibowitz-Jenkins (voiced by a former Nickelodeon actress), who is a 14-year-old activist. Her adoptive gay parents, Barry and Randall Leibowitz-Jenkins. Penny's new boyfriend Kareem, Maya's gamer brother Francis "KG" Leibowitz-Jenkins. School bully Nubia Gross and nerdy friend Myron are returned, but Sticky had never appeared in each episode (with the exception of the series premiere). EJ Johnson replaces Phil LaMarr as the voice of Michael Collins. It also features a number of voices from celebrity guest stars such as Lizzo, Lil Nas X, Chance the Rapper, Normani, Leslie Odom, Jr., Tiffany Haddish, Lena Waithe, Anthony Anderson, Gabrielle Union, Debbie Allen, James Pickens Jr., Courtney B. Vance, Jane Lynch, Marsai Martin, Jaden Smith, Glynn Turman, Lamorne Morris, Brenda Song, Tina Knowles, Eva Longoria, Holly Robinson Peete, Al Roker, Bretman Rock, Gabby Douglas, Laurie Hernandez, and Dominique Dawes. The series has a updated art style, hints of adult humor and an altered version of the theme song. The show takes on more topics rather than using "coded language" like in the original show and introduce LGBTQ+ characters.
Canadian studio (best known for working Carmen Sandiego) and Snipple Animation had added new digital animation.
Concept Art Images
- On February 4, 2022, it was mentioned that one of the biggest changes to the show are “gender identity, obviously racial identity and quote-unquote wokeness,” according to Farquhar. “All these things we can now address straight up, where 20 years ago, we had to use code to talk about if Michael was gay, to talk about sexuality, we always had to be sort of underhanded about it. Now we can be sort of in your face with it a lot more. And that’s going to be reflected in the storytelling.”
- On February 17, 2022, Bruce W. Smith mentioned that if folks are ever in L.A, then they should have a cup of coffee in the Proud Family living room at: Sip and Sonder located at 108 S. Market St. Inglewood CA 90301.
- On February 21, 2022, some Funko Pops of the characters were announced.
- On February 23, 2022, in regards to Sticky Webb departure, Bruce W. Smith said that, “We always wanted to expand out the world. In doing that, sometimes you have to revisit where characters are going and how we can bring in new characters. For us, expanding the world sometimes means you lose characters, but you also gain more characters that help grow the show in a direction we feel is necessary for this new version...[And in regards to a possible return he said that] We never say never on our show,” Smith says of a possible return down the line. “
- Also on this day it was mentioned that the original featured guest appearances by popular early 2000s performers like Lil’ Romeo, Mos Def and Mariah Carey. “Louder and Prouder” is similarly star-studded, with cameos by the likes of Lil Nas X, Chance the Rapper and Lizzo. The heartwarming theme song, performed by Solange Knowles and Destiny’s Child, also got a makeover — the 2022 version is sung by the newcomer Joyce Wrice. Moreover, Penny and her friends are now solidly into their teens, with all of the body changes, heightened hormones and social minefields that entails. And a few new players have joined the returning core cast.
- Maimuna Venzant also released in a tweet the opening pan shot introducing the audience to Penny's room. According to Venzant, this is the first background they designed for Episode 1.
- In addition, Phillip Light shared artwork that he was able to do for the series. Among the sketches were the characters in some various expressions for Penny and the gang.
- In addition some sketches for Sticky's departure were released.
- Moreover, an illustration of LaCienega's 'Uber-Puberty Pimply Face' for extreme close up shots in Episode 1 was also released.
- On February 24, 2022, Kenny Vallenca, one of the storyboard artists for the series released some storyboards of the first two episodes through his personal twitter account.
- On February 25, 2022, Maimuna Venzant, an intern that worked on the series revealed some of the backgrounds they designed in episode 1 such as the street of houses next to Penny's house, Shuggie's place, and a few scenes from School Party!
- Some additional character designs were released on Twitter by Layron DeJarnette.
- Some concept art of a buff Puff doing some weighlifter poses were released by Light.
- As well as a few concept art for Swole Suga Mama!
- In addition to some early concepts for Bufferina, Dr. Payne’s assistant were also released.
- Also on this day a special illustrations in a different style of the series featuring a Bruce Lee caricature that was on Olei's wall in episode 2.
- On February 27, 2022, it was revealed by Smith that the duties of creating the theme song for the revival series fell to the original composer Kurt Farquhar, the younger brother of the show's creator. He modernized the song adding a new beat and a new vocalist, 29-year-old R&B singer Joyce Wrice, who was a fan of the original series. As a result, "we have someone who grew up on the show now coming to help make this show," Kurt added. "That's a wonderful story. That's just amazing and that is everything you could hope for."
- On February 28, 2022, some early color-keys and rough concepts for the Proud house were released.
- On March 2, 2022, the creators of Proud Family: Louder and Prouder said hip-hop musician Cardi B. was almost a part of the new series but she couldn’t fit the role into her schedule.
- Also on this day, the art director for the show released some color keys for The Proud Family Louder and Prouder for its third episode titled: It All Started with an Orange Basketball which was directed by Latoya Raveneau!
- Moreover, the books featured in the series are for: ep102 📚: John Lewis' March: Book 1 and for ep103 📚: Ta-Nehisi Coates' Between the World and Me as well as James Baldwin's The Fire Next Time.
- In addition Phillip Light also released some early concept designs for Kareem.
- Furthermore, Mike Pelensky mentioned how "The Proud Family episode that’s out today, 'It All Started with an Orange Basketball', was an enjoyable challenge for me in a lot of ways. It was my most deliberate step into dynamic, feature-style storyboarding in ages, and I still had a lot to learn. Still, having a lot of high-energy sequences to start with definitely made it easier and more engaging. In addition to introducing Penny’s new boo, Kareem, this episode features Oscar in a prominent and extremely antagonistic role. His personality is as big, loud, and cheesy as ever, and I love him for it! I would bust up laughing at @therealtommycat ’s ad-libs and tried to match the intensity note for note. In the case of the terrifying 'DESTROY THEM!' pose on the last slide, Tommy’s initial read was ferocious and in the red... shame we couldn't use it! 😂"
- On March 3, 2022, Light also went onto release some Peabo some concept art that had Peabo in some new styling ideas for him.
- On March 7, 2022, it was revealed that Latoya Raveneau, director of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder, has entered an overall deal at Disney to develop and produce animated projects with Disney Television Animation and 20th Television Animation. The deal also includes terms for live-action content development.
- On March 15, 2022, Aiden Dodson is a 7-year-old who voices the character "BeBe" in the animated version of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder on Disney+. His parents went onto say that, "They wanted an African-American boy who was autistic, so Aiden being autistic, on the spectrum was a great fit,".
- On March 16, 2022, Lizzo confirmed via Instagram that she'd be guest starring on the series.
- Also on this day Cam confirmed that it was intentional how the initial color concepts for LPDZM drew inspiration from The Cheetah Girls.
- Layron DeJarnette released some character designs for Lizzo.
- Moreover, Light confirmed that LPDZ was back, and he mentioned that he was asked to design outfits for their performance at Snackland. While they ultimately endeded up going with track suits inspired by the 2003 film The Cheetah Girls, he showcased some other options that he came up with as well. Light mentioned that he primarily took inspiration from girl groups from the early 2000s like TLC and Destiny’s Child as well as a selfish desire to put Penny in a Songstress Yuna from FF X-2 inspired outfit.
- On March 17, 2022, some concept arts for News Anchor, named by: Vanessa Vue, who is also voiced by Brenda Song was released.
- ON March 19, 2022, Layron DeJarnette shared some character design explorations for episode 5, featuring Penny in her'SnackLand' uniform.
- On March 23, 2022, EJ Johnson,was asked about representation, and in talking about his character, Johnson mentioned how it is so iconic because this is the first nonbinary character we’re seeing in an animated series. Moreover, he mentioned how growing up, he loved Disney, but he couldn’t see himself represented, and how he would have loved to see who he is at his core on-screen, because that would have made a big impact on him...
- Some concept art for Iyanna, the 13-year-old entrepreneur and self made millionaire and judge on “Crab Barrel” were released.
- Concept art for Neato Tito, one of the judges on Crab Barrel were released, along with an explanation that he was meant to also be a parody character of Walter Mercado🔮.
- Also on this day, Maimuna Venzant revealed that the Rideshare episode was their first time seeing one of their backgrounds that they designed in motion. There's also a break down of this scene. Its actually pretty big I had to draw alot more buildings outside this frame of Bobby's car so that there could be a parallax of buildings scrolling by the characters!
- On March 24, 2022, in the episode Get In, the show parodied Shark Tank by having their own fictional show akin to it called Crab Barrell.
- On March 25, 2022, Phillip Light, released some concept art of the updated designs for Dijonay’s many brothers and sisters.
- On March 28, 2022, Al Roker is confirmed to return as part of a special guest cast that includes Lena Waithe and Jaden Smith in the episode "When You Wish Upon a Roker". In it, 14-year-old Penny Proud is confirmed to ask virtual genie Al Roker (voicing himself) to make her a 19-year-old sophomore college student (voiced by Logan Browning).
- Also on this day, a new featurette was released where the special guest cast of the grown up gang waere featured.
- On March 29, 2022, Umaimah Damakka mentioned that she did colors for Dijonay’s siblings, but that some of the coloring was heavily referenced by her watching My Little Pony binge phase hence the unconscious rainbow dash colors on image 2.
- On April 1, 2022, the official Instagram account for the series revealed fans can enter to win The Proud Family Sweepstakes! Gifting fans in LA, NYC, and Chicago dinner and a Proud Family-themed gift box. It also explains what one needs to do in order to enter the aforementioned contest.
- On April 3, 2022, it was revealed that The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder was present at WonderCon 2022.
- On April 5, 2022, it was mentioned that for the episode Home School, the show tackles the issue of homelessness, since “Penny discovers that one of her school teachers who happens to be her toughest schoolteacher is actually living in the teacher’s lounge,” Farquhar says. “In other words, she’s homeless. Her name is Miss Hill and she’s being played by none other than miss Tiffany Haddish.”
- On April 8, 2022, Eastwood Wong confirmed that there was also a Kingdom Hearts reference in the show.
- On April 12, 2022, it was revealed that Eva Longoria lent her voice to Melrose Avenúñez, the “snooty and overly critical sister” of Sunset Boulevardez. In the episode, her character Melrose visits her daughter LaBrea Avenúñez (voiced by Princess Nokia) to celebrate the quinceañera of her niece LaCienega.
- On April 13, 2022, some concept art for LaBrea’s mother (and Sunset’s sister) Melrose were released.
- On April 15, 2022, some Quinceanera dress concepts for LaCienega and a plus-size version of LaBrea was released. In addition, the dresses were colored and given a more sparkly princess aesthetic.
- Also on this day, a character design for DJ Kid Capri as seen on Episode 9 was released.
- On April 17, 2022, amidst new characters and better storylines, The Proud Family: Louder And Prouder still contained plenty of references to the adored original in its first season!
- In a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, Reverend Haygood from the original's "The Camp, the Counselor, the Mole, and the Rock makes a quick cameo in the revival's "It All Started with an Orange Basketball," as the coach of one of Oscar's rival basketball teams. While this cameo does a bit to serve the plot, it adds to the continuity of the show and its setting, linking the past with the present. It also sets precedent for the return of other, minor secondary characters in future episodes, such as Sir Paid-A-Lot and Peabo in "Get In."
- One of The Proud Family's continuing subplots was the ongoing fuel between Penny's father, Oscar Proud, and the famous millionaire, Wizard Kelly. Although Oscar's disdain for Kelly is shown many times in the series, the episode "It All Started with an Orange Basketball," directly references the events of "One In A Million."
- After Oscar places a basketball bet against the Wizard, he explains that if he wins he gets to momentarily have back all that he lost to him including his ex, Ginger Snaps. This is an important reminder for viewers, as this rivalry shapes much of Oscar's personality and explains his incessant - albeit misguided - chase for success and fame, having always regretted losing all those years ago.
- Penny and LaCienega's frenemy relationship stands unchanged in the revival. From light quips to trying to steal her boyfriend, LaCienega hasn't had much character development yet. Two of her insecurities are her big feet, first shown in the original's "Love Thy Neighbor." This callback directly includes a scene from the original clip, replaying her humiliation and showing off the newly-amped, animation style. Not only does this reference show LaCienega's flaws, but it also drives the plot further as Penny muses about the new kids facing a much worse form of bullying.
- In The Proud Family episode "Tween Town" and later "Twins to Tweens," Al Roker was introduced as the devious wish-granter who cannot be trusted; although he fulfills Penny's wishes, it always comes at a price. In the revival's "When You Wish Upon a Roker," he plays the same trickster role, although this time Penny's own mistakes leave her trapped in her college life.
- While Oscar Proud constantly comes off as strict and annoying, he once was a chill, laid-back teenager living his dream. A skilled basketball player and smooth talker, Oscar was known as the "Big O" back in his glory days. In "When You Wish Upon A Roker," Penny finally gets to meet this side of her dad. This callback not only establishes Oscar as a complex character, rather than just a two-dimensional parent, but it also shows Penny that her father can be seen as a friend, rather than an enemy. Oscar is once again redeemed as Big O as he makes the shot to get Penny out of Roker's prison world, yet another reference to his original blunder and subsequent win in "One In A Million."
- Frankie White appeared in the original series' "She's Got Game," and was shown as being one of the people against Penny's fight to play on the football team, but by the end of the episode has learned his lesson. However, in
- In the revival series' "It All Started with an Orange Basketball" he seems to have reverted back to this same sexist mentality as he says to Penny, "You may have been all right in football, but there's no way a girl's gonna beat me in basketball." Not only does this reference resurface his mean personality, but it also re-establishes that Penny can always achieve what she wants and works for, despite the haters.
- One of the running gags of the original The Proud Family was Dijonay's infatuation. In the revival's "New Kids on the Block," calls back to Dijonay's craze for Sticky, going so far as to blame it for him moving from their town. Not only does this reference remind viewers of Dijonay's tendency to fall intensely and obsessively for others (as seen in her re-directed love for the newcomer, KG), it also expertly explains the absence of Orlando Brown's series regular, Sticky (has no lines, due to the voice actor's troubled life).
- The girl group formed by Penny and her best friends, LPMDZ, was first introduced in the episode "A Star Is Scorned." Although they rose to stardom as a group, in the original, Penny decides to pursue a solo career and becomes a diva in the process, eventually losing both her friends and fame. The group is first shown as an Easter egg in Oscar's Snackland diorama in the revival's "Father Figures," and finally makes a full-fledged comeback in "Snackland." Once again, the series uses LPDZ to emphasize the importance of diverse friendships and inclusion, this time having Penny fight for acceptance within the group after being kicked out for her deep voice (Tone-Loc recorded new music in this episode).
- On April 18, 2022, the show was renewed for second season, with it being in production.
- Also on this day, a squirrel's character design for Episode 9 was released.
- On April 19, 2022, Lil Nas X sung “Old Town Road,” while appearing as a country musician named June Bug on the April 20 episode appropriately titled “Old Towne”. The 2019 country-rap hit then plays as the scene cuts between different members of the Proud family around a stable, as Oscar Proud has a turbulent ride on a horse, and Suga Mama shows off how much of a natural she is at fishing by pulling out a dozen fish out of the lake at once.
- On April 20, 2022, in preparation for the Season 1 finale, it was revealed that the artists for the show switched up the style with a more painterly/watercolor finish for this episode.
- Also on this day, concept art for "Hurricane" the bull character design for Episode 10 was released.
- In addition, some "June Bug" character design explorations for Episode 10 were released.
- Moreover, some rough character design of Suga Mama’s Pa and her brothers.
- Concept art for Pa’s longtime girlfriend, Myrtle were also released.
- On April 21, 2022, Concept art for Jermaine🌻(June Bug’s wife) was released.
- On April 22, 2022 the concept art for Peaches(Man’s wife), a background character was released.
- On April 26, 2022, through the The Walt Disney Family Museum, JoMarie Payton was a guest in zoom webinar event.
- On April 27, 2022, Bruce Smith and Ralph Farquhar revealed that one of their favorite storylines was the character that Tiffany Haddish voiced, who is a homeless teacher.
- On April 29, 2022, EJ said he was excited to see where the show takes his character next"I'm just ready to continue to open those doors and play more iconic characters like that," he says. "Really just let all the viewers know, no matter what age you are, that you can live your life, live your truth, and love yourself.
- On May 11, 2022, it was revealed that Disney+ had tapped Dr. Lisa Williams's World of EPI to produce toys for The Proud Family revival and Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur respectively.
- On May 19, 2022, it was announced by the American Black Film Festival (ABFF) that its lineup of 12 spotlight screenings from its studio and network partners would include this series.The festival will take place live in Miami Beach June 15-19 and continues virtually June 20–30 on ABFF PLAY, the festival’s custom-designed online platform.
- On June 1, 2022, Disney+ launched a new collection of LGBTQ+ stories as part of a Pride collection of carefully curated content that is available to all subscribers.
- "THE PROUD FAMILY: LOUDER AND PROUDER EPISODE COUNT REVEALED". HITC. Retrieved on February 23, 2022.
- ‘The Proud Family: Louder And Prouder’ Renewed For Season 2 By Disney+; Normani, Gabrielle Union Among Upcoming Guests
- Disney Plus announces Louder and Prouder Guest stars - Instagram
- See first look at Zachary Quinto and Billy Porter's new characters in The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder - Entertainment Weekly
- ‘The Proud Family’ Returns to Screens Louder, Prouder & Even More Authentic! - Animation Magazine
- Bruce W. Smith Feb. 17, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Feb. 21, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Proud Family EP Addresses [Spoiler's Abrupt Exit From the Disney+ Revival - TVLine]
- A Groundbreaking Cartoon Family Returns, ‘Louder and Prouder’ - The New York Times
- Maimuna Venzant Feb. 23, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Phillip Light Feb. 23, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- layrondejarnette Feb. 23, 2022 IG Post Part I - Instagram
- layrondejarnette Feb. 23, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- Kenny Vallenca Feb. 24, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Coloured Braids Feb. 24, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Baomii Feb. 25, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Maimuna Venzant Feb. 25, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Layron DeJarnette Feb. 25, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Layron Dejarnette Feb. 24, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Phillip Light Feb. 25, 2022 IG Post Part I - Instagram
- Phillip Light Feb. 25, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- Phillip Light Feb. 25, 2022 IG Post Part III - Instagram
- layrondejarnette Feb. 25, 2022 IG Post Part I - Instagram
- 'The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder' creators say they received near 'death threats' warning them not to change the theme song - Insider
- Eastwoodwong Feb. 28, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- March 2, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Eastwoodwong March 2, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Snuffketeer March 2, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Phillip Light March 2, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Mike Pelensky March 2, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Phillip Light March 3, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- ‘The Proud Family’ Reboot Director Latoya Raveneau Enters Overall Deal at Disney - Variety
- 7-year-old Tulare boy featured in 'The Proud Family' Disney+ reboot - ABC 30
- Lizzo March 16, 2022 Instagram Post - Instagram
- baomii March 16, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Layron DeJarnette March 16, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Phillip Light March 16, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Phllip Light March 17, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- duckduckgoose_mv March 17, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- layrondejarnette March 19, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Kyla Pratt and EJ Johnson on Living Loud and Proud - Who What Wear
- Phillip Light March 23, 2022 IG Post Part I- Instagram
- Phillip Light March 23, 2022 IG Post Part II- Instagram
- duckduckgoose_mv March 23, 2022 IG Post - Instragram
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder Parodies Shark Tank in New Featurette - Comicbook.com
- Phillip Light March 24, 2022 IG Post Part I - Instagram
- Phillip Light March 24, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- Phillip Light March 25, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Disney+'s Proud Family: Louder and Prouder Teases Al Roker's Return, New Guest Stars - Comicbook.com
- 'The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder' Releases New Featurette With All-Star Guest Cast - Collider
- Coloured Braids March 29, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Holly Winter March 29, 2022 Tweet - Twitter
- Desus Nice March 29 Tweet - Twitter
- Watch Lamorne Morris Spoof Hamilton With The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder - Playbill
- The Proud Family on Instagram April 1, 2022 Post - Instagram
- Getting Louder and Prouder — An Exclusive Interview with “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder” Star, Karen Malina White - TV Source Magazine
- WonderCon Recap: Behind the Music with Composers Behind “The Book of Boba Fett,” “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder,” “The King’s Man,” “Kung Fu” and “Halo” - Laughing Place
- ‘The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder’: First Look at Tiffany Haddish’s Character - TV Insider
- Eastwood Wong April 8, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Eva Longoria Lends Voice to ‘The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder’ - Remezcla
- Tina Knowles Lawson makes her debut on "The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" - Revolt
- layrondejarnette April 12, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- philliplight April 13, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- philliplight April 13, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- thetiffopotamus April 13, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- layrondejarnette April 13, 2022 - Instagram
- philliplight April 15, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- coloured_braids April 15, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- layrondejarnette April 15, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- The Proud Family Louder And Prouder: 10 Best Callbacks To The Original Series So Far - Screen Rant
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder Season 2 In Production
- layrondejarnette April 18, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- Lil Nas X Brings ‘Old Town Road’ to ‘Proud Family’ Reboot - Billboard
- eman27 April 20, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- layrondejarnette April 20, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- layrondejarnette April 20, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- philliplight April 20, 2022 IG Post - Instagram
- philliplight April 20, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- philliplight April 21, 2022 IG Post Part I- Instagram
- philliplight April 21, 2022 IG Post Part II- Instagram
- philliplight April 22, 2022 IG Post Part I - Instagram
- philliplight April 22, 2022 IG Post Part II - Instagram
- philliplight April 22, 2022 IG Post Part III 🐟 - Instagram
- Happily Ever After Hours with Actress and Singer JoMarie Payton - Walt Disney
- ‘The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder’ – A Convo with Bruce Smith and Ralph Farquhar - Eurweb.com
- EJ Johnson on His Father, "They Call Me Magic," and "The Proud Family" Reboot - Popsugar
- Black-Owned Toymaker World of EPI Is Creating Toys for Disney & Marvel Shows - Uptown
- American Black Film Festival’s 2022 Spotlight Screenings Lineup - South Florida Caribbean News
- Disney+ Launches Pride Content Collection Featuring LGBTQ+ Stories and Characters - Laughing Place